Newborn Developmental Baby Massage
There are two stages to our Developmental Baby Massage courses dependant on the age of your little one, all techniques have been developed by the International School of Developmental Baby Massage and Movement.
Touch is your newborn’s first language, it is their prime means of communication and plays an essential role in forming of the parent-child relationship. Massaging your baby allows you to express emotional affection and to fulfil your baby’s need for physical contact.
The benefits of massage are both, emotional and physical, so your baby will achieve all-round well-being, please read my blog for further information on why touch is important.
Our classes will also include a chance to chat and socialise with other parents and to sign some nursery rhymes. Your baby will be clothed throughout the massage section therefore massage oil is not required.
Emotional intelligence and a loving touch from birth to 8 weeks will focus on:
- Developing a loving touch, secure holding, and safe tummy time
- Promoting overall good reciprocity to facilitate parent-infant bonding and attachment
- Remedial touch techniques to relieve intra-uterine and difficult birth experience
- Holding and stroking techniques prior to full massage to relieve physiological flexion and abdominal tension and promoting safe tummy time
- Techniques to release the phrenic nerve and diaphragm and improve respiration